Free In-Store Tastings (21+). See our tastings page for details.
- | Check out all this month's upcoming tastings on our Tastings Page.
- | Check out all this month's upcoming tastings on our Tastings Page.
Real-time Craft Beer Tap ticker. current Growler refills on tap:
Now 18 taps. Refill prices for 64-oz Growler/32-oz. Chugger.
- Abita Strawberry Harvest Lager (4.2% ABV) 10.99/5.99
- | Benford/FrugalMac BBA Smoked O'Hickory w/Peppers 18.99/9.99
- | Big Boss Harvest Time Pumpkin Ale (4.5% ABV) 9.99/4.99
- | Conquest Der Alte Fritz (5.3% ABV) 14.99/7.99
- | Frugal MacDoogal/RJ Rockers Barrel Aged Black Perle Dark IPA (9.5% ABV) 18.99/9.99
- | Goose Island 312 Urban (4.2% ABV) 12.99/6.99
- | Harpoon 100 Barrel Series Citra Victorious (5.8% ABV) 10.99/5.99
- | Holy City RJ Rockers Half Calf (7.3% ABV) 10.99/5.99
- | Ommegang Fleur de Houblon (6.8% ABV) 12.99/6.99
- | RJ Rockers Bitter Half (7% ABV) 10.99/5.99
- | RJ Rockers Black Perle (9.5% ABV) 20.99/10.99
- | RJ Rockers The Genius (6.8% ABV) 10.99/5.99
- | Sierra Nevada Celebration (6.8% ABV) 10.99/5.99
- | Stone Spröcketbier (5.4% ABV) 20.99/10.99
- | Terrapin Midnight Monk (9.8% ABV) 20.99/10.99
- | Thirsty Dog Honey Ginger IPA (6% ABV) 12.99/6.99
- | Unknown Head First Pale Ale (5.6% ABV) 12.99/6.99
- | Windy Hill Hoppin' Johnny (6% ABV) 12.99/6.99
- | Follow Frugal's New BEERMENUS page for descriptions of growler selections and late breaking beer arrivals.
- | Growler tap availability subject to change without notice.
April 4th: Sugarlands Shine Tasting and Signing, with Tickle and Mark.
- Taste Sugarlands Shine, Saturday April 4th, 3-6 PM. Tickle and Mark from the Gatlinburg distillery will be there to talk shine and autograph bottles. Complimentary, 21+.
- Steven Ray Tickle gained a wealth of old-time distilling knowledge from older relatives and experimented with recipes on his own ten-gallon still using a turkey fryer, jelly jars for double thump kegs, and a shotgun condenser. Addicted to perfecting his craft Tickle often states, "It gets in your blood. I'll moonshine 'til the day I die." Tickle's Dynamite Cinnamon Moonshine is potent proof of his legendary, wildfire spirit.
- Mark Rogers American Peach tastes like wild, sweet nectar from sun ripened peaches with mighty bite and balance. You remember that country road side stand like the back of your hand holding that soft, velvet fruit picked in the dead of a Southern summer afternoon. Now it's in this old mason jar ready for you to sip leisurely and share generously. It's a deliciously smooth, 70 proof mouthful of happy refined by the legendary moonshiner and king of the wilderness, Mark Rogers.
- Jim Tom Hedrick's Unaged Rye moonshine boasts an amazingly well-balanced flavor of pepper, spice, and toasted grain with a perfect potent punch that won't let you down. It's excellent on ice, straight from the jar, and liable to be found in your next favorite mixed drink. 100 proof.
In Search Of All Things Fine and Rare:
- Tesseron XO Cognac Lot 90 is gem of the finest quality, this is a superior introduction to the world of small production Cognac. Blended from the finest terriors of Grande and Petite Champagne, aged nearly 25 years, Lot 90 still shows an impressive youthfulness and powerful grace. 95 Points Wine & Spirits, Highly Recommended. 74.99/750 ml. (Limit 1 per customer.)
- Vintage dating is not permitted in the Cognac region, however each lot number correlates to the age of the spirit, meaning Lot 90 = 1990, we have special limited access to Lot 76, 53, and 29. Please contact if interested in some seriously old Cognac of the highest caliber and finest quality.
Our Very Own Tequila Barrel!
- Maestro Dobel Diamonte is a fascinating blend of Reposato, Anejo and Extra Anejo Tequila aged together for 3 months in European White Oak, then expertly filtered for diamond clarity. Specially selected and bottled for Frugal MacDoogal, this handcrafted Single Estate Tequila is the epitome of luxury and quality at an outstanding price. 39.99/750 ml.
News from the Bourbon Barrel Program:
- Our friends from Conquest Brewery, down in Columbia, just claimed our most recent barrel of the famed Jefferson's Ocean to host their Russian Imperial Stout! While we wait patiently for the beer, let's enjoy the bourbon.
- Jefferson's Ocean, Aged at Sea, Single Barrel #4, was selected by and bottled for Frugal MacDoogal. The idea behind the Ocean barrel can be found in the powerful wines of Maderia where ancient mariners discovered, rather by accident, that the casks of wine they failed to off load tasted far better upon their return to the home port. The intense temperature fluctuation and constant agitation of the sea impact the barrel contents in a very dramatic way. Jefferson's Ocean is a skilled blend of 6 to 8 year-old Bourbon set sail for 6 months with ports on 5 Continents and crossing the Equator 4 times. The result is an intense aroma of vanilla and barrel spice; strong, rich, and sweet. Robust far beyond its 90 proof thanks to the barrel aging, with toasty oak, cinnamon and cherry notes. We are big fans of this one. 79.99/750 ml.
- Always on the hunt, we will be selecting new barrel offerings from our friends at Four Roses, Ridgemont 1792 and Angel's Envy to be released upon the completion of bottling.
Wine: Frugal Mac Staff Picks.
- Mas de Can Blau 2009 is a blend of 40% each of Carinena and Syrah, plus 20% Garnacha. Opaque purple. Exotic, pungent aromas of black and blue fruits, vanillin oak, incense and candied flowers. Ripe and spicy on the palate, offering sweet boysenberry and blueberry preserve qualities and strong notes of coffee, vanilla and cherry-cola. A zesty mineral quality adds lift and bite to the long, sappy, sweet finish. 92 Points Steven Tanzer/IWC. 29.99/750 ml.
- Charles Smith Kung Fu Girl Riesling 2013 showcases the greatness and affordability possible from a Washington State Riesling. Wine Spectator rates it 91 points saying, "Crisp and sleek, with juicy, expansive nectarine and peach flavors that play against citrusy acidity, finishing with zing and a sense of softness that lets the finish keep singing. Drink now through 2020." 11.99/750 ml.
- Fetzer Magnums Select Varieties - 8.99/1.5 Liter.
- Select from Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Merlot, Pinot Grigio & Pinot Noir.
Frugal's Bourbon Barrel Beers.
- Frugal MacDoogal launched its first of many special and exclusive releases of Bourbon Barrel Aged beers. We have partnered with local area breweries to age and create unique beers that will be available exclusively at our store and the breweries.
- Our first release comes via a collaboration with Benford Brewing Co. from Lancaster, SC. Benford is a locally owned and operated craft brewery. Their beers are brewed in 30 barrel batches on a small farm using a pure well water source tapped into the water table of three known springs located on premises.
- Please check back often or follow us on Facebook for other exclusive releases in the new few months including RJ Rockers, Holy City and Conquest Brewing Co.
Montejo Authentic Mexican Beer Has Arrived.
- It has been a popular beer in Mexico for decades, and now is available in the United States. Montejo has a light golden color and is renowned for its crisp, refreshing finish. Although a lighter lager, Montejo is smooth and full-flavored.