Free In-Store Tastings (21+). See our tastings page for details.
- | Check out all this month's upcoming tastings on our Tastings Page.
- | Check out all this month's upcoming tastings on our Tastings Page.
Real-time Craft Beer Tap ticker. current Growler refills on tap:
Now 18 taps. Refill prices for 64-oz Growler/32-oz. Chugger.
- Allagash Victoria Ale (9% ABV) 24.99/12.99
- | Anderson Valley The Kimmie, The Yink and The Holy Gose (4.2% ABV) 14.99/7.99
- | Atwater Shaman's Porter (6% ABV) 16.99/8.99
- | Ballast Point Calm Before The Storm (5.5% ABV) 15.99/7.99
- | Coronado/Cigar City Jurata Baltic Porter (8% ABV) 14.99/7.99
- | Evil Twin Hipster Ale (5.5% ABV) 10.99/5.99
- | Frugal MacDoogal/Benford Bourbon Barrel Aged Smoked O'Hickory w/ Peppers (5.5% ABV) 18.99/9.99
- | Full Spectrum Light Gold Ale (5.4% ABV) 10.99/5.99
- | Holy City Bowens Island Oyster Stout (5.8% ABV) 16.99/8.99
- | Holy City Overly Friendly IPA (7.6%) 14.99/7.99
- | Legal Remedy Warrant Winter Warmer (5.7% ABV) 13.99/6.99
- | New Belgium Ben & Jerry's Salted Caramel Brownie (6.3% ABV) 12.99/6.99
- | NoDa Jam Session (5.1% ABV) 9.99/4.99
- | Seminar Rye Smile Rye Ale (4.7% ABV) 12.99/6.99
- | Smuttynose Barleywine 2013 (10% ABV) 9.99/5.99
- | Stone Coffee Milk Stout (4.2% ABV) 14.99/7.99
- | Stone Double Bastard 2015 (11.2% ABV) 19.99/10.99
- | Terrapin Moo Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout (6% ABV) 11.99/5.99
- | Unknown No Shame (5.1% ABV) 12.99/6.99
- | Victory Hop Ticket #3 Dry Hopped Pils (5,5% ABV) 10.99/5.99
- | Follow Frugal's New BEERMENUS page for descriptions of growler selections and late breaking beer arrivals.
- | Growler tap availability subject to change without notice.
Frugal's Exclusive Bourbon Barrel Program.
- Each are labeled Frugal MacDoogal Selection and were picked for/by this store.
- Knob Creek Single Barrel 120 Proof. We sampled this Barrel at 130 proof on a beautiful morning in Clermont Kentucky, accompanied by our friends from the Nashville store and unanimously selected this 10 year old barrel from Warehouse F as our own. Bottled at 120 proof this bourbon is bursting with bold flavors of maple, cinnamon, vanilla and oak. 39.99/750 ml.
- The Knob Creek Barrel is on its way to Conquest Brewery in Charlotte to age their newest creation. Our last collaboration was a Bourbon Barrel Peach Sour, can't wait to see what they do with this one!
- Jim Beam Single Barrel 95 Proof. (not pictured) Fans of Jim Beam's White Label Bourbon (and there are plenty, as it's the number one selling Bourbon in the world) are going to love this Barrel. It's like Beam squared, all the classic flavor just amped up and popping out. Fresh corn, sweet cereal, and vanilla with a nice spicy kick. Our Barrel was filled on December 3, 2009 where upon it entered Warehouse I and spent nearly 6 years on the 5th floor of this 7 floor Rickhouse, built in 1953. 29.99/750 ml.
- Jefferson's Ocean Voyage 5. Recently returned from a trip around the world, crossing the equator 4 times and resting on 5 different Continents this limited release is blended from specially selected barrels of 6 to 8 year old, relatively high rye (around 30%) bourbon sent to churn and slosh about onboard an ocean liner. This imparts a unique and dramatic relationship between the bourbon and its Barrel. The result is a mature and polished flavor with notes of brown sugar, dark fruit, brine and caramel. 79.99/750 ml.
- Four Roses Single Barrels (not pictured). After a visit to the beautiful Spanish Mission styled distillery, great fortune would have it that we were allowed to taste all ten of the Four Roses mash bills at the bottling Warehouse. We selected 3 barrels for the store.
- First Barrel, OESK recipe. The result is a lightly floral nose, with ample cherry, plum, sweet corn, and a pleasant mingling of oak and char that finishes velvety smooth. Special release bottled at Barrel Strength. 59.99/750 ml.
- O = it was produced in Lawrenceburg Kentucky.
- E = a grain bill of 75% corn, 20% rye, and 5% malted barley.
- S = Straight Bourbon by definition.
- K = the specific yeast strain. K is noted as rich, spicy and full bodied.
- Ashling White Chocolate Irish Cream Liqueur. 12.99/750 ml.
- The freshest Irish cream is sweetened with natural Irish sugar and blended with small batches of Irish Whiskey and White Chocolate. It's lush and velvety with a nice spice from the whiskey surrounded in smooth sweet cream. Fantastic in a milkshake, add to coffee, blend with your favorite vodka, or sip straight on the rocks.
- Usquaebach Old Rare 2014 Release Flagon. 110.99/750 ml.
- (Pronounced "Oos Ke Bah") Originally founded in 1768 and exclusively reserved for the nobility and royals, this classic Highland Scotch is comprised of 85% malted whisky consisting of 41 different single malts aged up to 20 years blended with 15% grain whisky. It comes bottled in a reminiscent porcelain flagon. The whisky is extremely versatile and complex with stewed fruit, roasted coffee, fresh apple and ground pepper. Enjoyed by the seasoned scotch palate, yet approachable to new scotch drinkers as well.
Wine: Frugal Mac Staff Picks.
- Fleur du Cap is one of South Africa's finest white wine vintners showcasing contemporary viticulture from the coastal cape region. Meticulous selection and minimal cellar intervention bring fresh and lively whites. These are perfect for shellfish and seafood. 8.99/750 ml.
- Chardonnay 2014 is bright and juicy with clean and polished lime flavors.
- Sauvignon Blanc 2014 is snappy and crisp.
- Ramos Pinto Ruby Port is fresh lively and fruity, a true embodiment of quality Ruby Port. Made by one of the most storied houses in the port world, now under the care of the Roederer franchise, long noted for exacting standards of quality. Serve with dark chocolate for a charming treat. 16.99/750 ml.
- Hopler Trockenbeerenauslese 2008 is golden colored with aromas of rich tropical fruit. Sweet and viscous with excellent intensity balanced by a zingy acidity. Well made and ready to drink now. Makes for a thoughtful and unique gift idea. 91 points, Wine Spectator. 39.99/375 ml.
- Pol Roget Brut NV is a luxury Champagne, complex enough to be mistaken for vintage and still family owned in an arena dominated by multifaceted corporations. Rich and creamy thanks to a high percentage of Pinot Noir, it displays a nice hardy nutty flavor and a smooth buttery finish. 92 points, Wine Spectator. 52.99/750 ml.
- Oskar Blues IPA is now brewed nearby in Brevard. Here's a very delicious and non traditional IPA featuring 4 Australian hop varieties: Ella with spicy floral notes, Topaz with piney, dank notes, Vic Secret with earthy aromas and tropical passion fruit flavors, and Enigma with a raspberry and melon kick. Made to be different, the blue on blue can features the Sturgill Simpson lyric "to each their own til we go home." 6.43% ABV. 8.99/6-pack 12-ounce cans.
- Terrapin's IPA Survival Kit features the year round IPA lineup: Recreational the Session IPA (4.9% ABV), Hi-5 California style (5.9% ABV) and the best selling Hopsecutioner (7.3% ABV) plus the exclusive release of Krunkles Down Under (6.5% ABV) brewed with 9 different hops from New Zealand and Australia. This is an awesome gift idea for someone interested in hoppy beer. 18.49/12-pack 12-ounce cans.
- Sierra Nevada Celebration is now being brewed in Asheville. Now's the time to enjoy a piney, citrusy hop laden beer, to make every Festivus more festive and winter more welcome. Great packaging and a nice price have made this beer a seasonal classic. 6.8% ABV. 14.99/12-pack 12-ounce bottles.
- St Bernardus Abt 12 Belgian Quadruple. Easily found among the best beers in the world, Abt 12 is of the finest quality Abbey style Ale. Dark and rich with a perfect balance of sweet, malt and hop bitterness. Immensely enjoyable with notes of clove, ripe fruit, cake and spice. 10% ABV. Awesome price! 11.99/750 ml.